By Dr. Linda Amerson
How healthy is your scalp? A healthy scalp is vital to healthy hair. An annual microscopic scalp analysis reveals unknown facts. Consumers cannot analyze your own scalp. You can look at it, however, you really do not know what you are looking at. Seek the expertise of a trained expert. Listed below are symptoms and signs of a scalp crisis.
Top symptoms that are red flags.
- If your scalp is sore when touched anywhere.
- If your scalp itches excessively anywhere.
- If you experience a burning or tingling sensation on your scalp.
- If you experience a crawling sensation on the scalp.
- If your scalp itches after the application of bonding glue.
- If your scalp itches immediately after shampooing.
Top signs that are red flags.
- If your scalp looks red or inflamed…anywhere.
- If your scalp has black dots on it.
- If your scalp looks blue, beige, black, purple or any other unusual color.
- If you notice pimples or raised lesions anywhere on your scalp.
- If you notice abrasions of any kind on your scalp.
- If your scalp looks dry or oily.
- If you notice any short or long strands of hair in your comb or hair brush.
- If you notice sudden round patches or any unusually shaped patches.
- If you notice any flaky areas, it may not be dandruff.
- If you notice changes of thinning or sudden balding.
- If you have a compulsion to pull out your scalp or body hair.
Dr. Linda Amerson, Board Certified Trichologist, LA’s Hair & Scalp Clinic, Arlington, TX 76013 817-265-8854 hairandscalpessentials.com